The unxsVZ project now contains all of our ISP management software and standalone systems like unxsBind (aka mysqlBind/iDNS.)
Feel free to call us at +1 310-356-6265 or +1 630-206-9449 (US EST 9am-5pm) if you have any questions or need free support. English and Spanish spoken.
- unxsVZ is undergoing many changes that should make it a very powerful OpenVZ datacenter container manager. Unfortunately, this also causes the svn trunk to be very unstable. And upgrades of older versions somewhat problematic for the time being (unitl new yum version is released.)
- unxsVZ support of VETH and VENET device based containers that can coexist in the same datacenter has been very challenging. A somewhat useful version will be available via svn (trunk) in the next few days. We recommend that VETH interface containers only be used when layer-2 is absolutely required and you are willing to have a second hardware node for their failover. As the system stands hardware nodes will be exclusively VENET or VETH boxes, since we will only support bridged VETH containers.
Installation and documentation
Installing via yum unxsApache (supersedes mysqlApache)
Installing via yum unxsBind/iDNS (supersedes mysqlBind)
Installing via yum unxsISP (supersedes mysqlISP)
Installing via yum unxsMail (supersedes mysqlSendmail and mysqlPostfix)
Installing via yum unxsRadius (supersedes mysqlRadius/mysqlRadacct)
Installing via yum unxsVZ
Getting Started Post Install Tutorials
unxsVZ provided software static home pages
unxsVZ component wiki pages
- You can install/remove unxsVZ and your existing OpenVZ environment will continue to be totally functional.
- unxsVZ is a multiple datacenter, multiple hardware node, OpenVZ container manager with autonomics and advanced migration and hot spare container replication.
- unxsVZ supports (and will support as development continues) more and more HA, elasticity, and load balancing functions across your own cloud.
- It is the infrastructure manager of all of our GPL OpenISP and unxsISP software.
- You can use OpenISP/unxsISP software without unxsVZ since they are completely modular.
- This OpenISP and unxsISP software, will be maintained under the unxsVZ project for elimination of duplication of code and to make it easier to work on tight integration into the unxsVZ framework.
- unxsVZ is an ambitious FOSS yet another cloud infrastructure manager.
- unxsVZ is already in commercial production and has proven itself very stable and extensible. Solving numerous internet infrastructure provisioning problems including cost, maintenance and monitoring.
How does unxsVZ allow global cross datacenter live migration and management?
- By the use of 3 classes of IP pools: Private to hardware node, private to datacenter and public IPs.
- By integration into unxsVZ managed per container, per hardware node, per datacenter, iptables rules.
- By integration into BIND9 manager mysqlBind (aka unxsBind/iDNS) a component of the unxsVZ software ecosystem.
- By integration into BGP4 AS, and other dynamic routing protocols.
I only want to use X module standalone, how can I download just that module?
Yes you can easily download a subset of the unxsVZ repository.
First of all lets list all the software modules under unxsVZ with a brief description of each
- unxsApache: Provides the control of Apache2 web farm containers (or servers.)
- unxsBind (aka mysqlBind2/iDNS): Provides the control of one or massive numbers of BIND9 DNS service containers (or servers.)
- unxsISP: Provides a master ISP control and billing system that can run all required ISP services including unxsVZ itself.
- unxsMail: Provide control over simple or complex Postfix and Sendmail multiple container (or servers.) For small to very huge ISPs or private enterprise mail infrastructure. Including SPF, DKIM, anti-spam, anti-virus, multiple MXs, outgoing mail reputation protection.
- unxsRadius (includes subsystem unxsRadacct): Provides control of multiple FreeRADIUS containers (or servers.)
- unxsVZ libs: uRadiusLib (uRadius Lib), uCIDR Lib, template lib.
- Control as used herein means automated deployment, hold, recovery and cancellation of services. As well as monitoring and reporting. Reporting not only for operations management but also integrated into unxsISP for billing purposes.
unxsAdmin: svn export http://openisp.net/public-svn/unxsVZ/trunk/unxsAdmin unxsAdmin
unxsApache: svn export http://openisp.net/public-svn/unxsVZ/trunk/unxsApache unxsApache
unxsBind: svn export http://openisp.net/public-svn/unxsVZ/tags/unxsBind unxsBind
unxsISP: svn export http://openisp.net/public-svn/unxsVZ/trunk/unxsISP unxsISP
unxsMail: svn export http://openisp.net/public-svn/unxsVZ/trunk/unxsMail unxsMail
unxsRadius/Radacct: svn export http://openisp.net/public-svn/unxsVZ/trunk/unxsRadius unxsRadius
unxsBlog: svn export http://openisp.net/public-svn/unxsVZ/trunk/unxsBlog unxsBlog
unxsVZ Libraries: svn export http://openisp.net/public-svn/unxsVZ/trunk/libs unxsVZ-libs
The whole unxsVZ system: svn export http://openisp.net/public-svn/unxsVZ/trunk unxsVZ
I want to evaluate unxsVZ or an infrastructure subsystem, how can I?
- The easiest way to evaluate our software, is to download a fully functional and pre-configured VMWare virtual machine and run it on your laptop or workstation. Accessing the web interfaces via your favorite browser.
- If you already have an OpenVZ environment you can also download complete ready to start container templates or sets of containers that work together to provide the service or services you need.